Thursday, January 10, 2013

Thanksgiving 2012

The Turkey Trot!
I think my little Turkey is adorable!






Pre Thanksgiving Fondue Night...it was a huge hit!


Love that little face


 
Alexis
 
We thought we would start a new tradition this year to start off Thanksgiving with a pre fondue night! It was a huge hit and I'm sure it will be sticking around for a while
 
Next off to Park City to enjoy the Holiday....
 



 
 








 






 

When we were first married we decided Thanksgiving would be a traveling holiday. And by that, we meant travel away from family to do have our own family traditions. It was fine when we lived in Idaho and saw our family weekly but now that we live 6 hours away I wasn't so sure. It only took Eric 30 seconds to talk the girls into a ski holiday in Park City and so I was game.
It was actually amazing! We did a lot of planning to make it memorable and I think it was. We headed up to Park City on Thanksgiving Day and arrived just in time for their Thanksgiving dinner. (I actually refuse to cook the traditional Thanksgiving meal...to much time and mess that I would rather spend with my family involved in their activities!) The girls dressed up, we ate a lot, had multiple desserts and then headed to our amazing hotel at The Grand Summit. The room was worth calling home about...some how we lucked out to stay right on the mountain that overlooked the ski resort from our room. It was 2 stories and Alexis even had her own room. I also LOVED that it had 3 fireplaces (we don't have a home fireplace so we try to stay at hotels that do when we travel in the winter!).  It was AMAZING and so relaxing.
We swam every night even though it was only in the 20's. One night we even had the pool to ourselves....HEAVEN. We also watched Christmas movies every night: Home Alone 2, The Christmas Oranges and The Santa Claus. We ate out, ordered room service desserts and then of course the girls took their first ski lessons!
It was a wonderful Thanksgiving and I am so thankful for my bounteous blessings...especially my FAMILY!
 

 

 

 
 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment