A little blurry as we were on our way out...
We've only had one other Christmas Eve just our little family and so this was the year. The year to grow up and start making memories on our own our kids will remember. And so the plans began. The girls wanted to go somewhere nice for dinner where they could "dress up." Megan just asked that it wasn't McDonald's and Eric and I were happy to grant that request. My only requirement was that we could make reservations...the planner in me likes our sweet baby to do well out in public and I like her on a schedule. So my sweet husband made reservations at the fanciest place he could think of and invited our dear friends, the Stock's, to come with us!
We were busy all day playing, making cookies and putting together the gingerbread house. The girls were so excited to get dressed up and meet up with our friends! The grounds at La Caille were beautiful with lights everywhere....I love lights at Christmas time! The food was WONDERFUL, the service was fantastic, and the company made it easier for me to be away from our extended family! Oh and did I mention that Alana was following her schedule exactly---she was sleeping.
Our girls and friend's children were on their BEST behavior and besides the several trips to the restroom (I don't blame them...it was the nicest bathroom they had ever been in) they did GREAT. For some reason there was a very
"bah humbug" lady at the restaurant sitting near us that evidently wasn't feeling the same Christmas spirit we were. I'm not sure that she approved of us bringing children to such a nice place but hey we were all children once right. And so this is how it when down....
One of my sweet girls, she will remain nameless, thought the food was so delicious! So when the dessert sampler that we ordered came out she did just that. She sampled all the desserts. Oh the desserts were delicious and oh so RICH. Then she turned to me and said, "Mom, I think I am going to throw up." I didn't quite believe her because she was acting fine and sampling all the food. But Eric believed her, grabbed a napkin and her hand and started to head off downstairs to the bathroom. Oh but they were not fast enough. And 10 seconds later, my sweet, beautifully dressed little angel threw up all over the floor right next to Mrs. Bah Humbug. Yep, you read this right-right next to her. I wouldn't be surprised if some of the splashes that hit the floor bounced off and landed on her pant legs.
Eric apologized of course and my sweet daughter was embarrassed as ever. But this made for one of the MOST memorable Christmas Eve's ever.
We did come home and my little girl was just fine--she had just eaten a little to much! We read from Luke 2 and watched a short movie about the miraculous birth of our Savior. The girls went to bed so excited for Christmas morning and Eric and I chuckled over our first "grown up" Christmas Eve!
|
No comments:
Post a Comment