Sunday, January 22, 2012

Christmas Day 2011


I love their sweet excited little faces!

Mackenzie overjoyed that Santa brought her some Stompeez (thank you infomercial for introducing Kenzie to these!!!)

Alexis got the Taylor Swift on tour DVD



Alexis Christmas morning

Megan checking out  her stocking...I love how much fun it is to be the Mom at times like these

Mackenzie also checking out her stocking

Daddy and Alana

Merry Christmas little Angel Alana

This year we introduced sister gifts. Each of the girls picked a name and bought for that sister. They had to earn all the money to buy the present by doing chores. I think these gifts were the most anticipated as well the most appreciated!

Alana with her new dog from Mackenzie. She is already worn out!

Mackenzie with her Minnie Boutique cart from Megan

Megan received art supplies from Alexis

Santa brought a little toy for Eric and it wasn't even pink!

This year we were trying to simplify Christmas as well as help the girls focus more on the importance of Christmas. So to help with this, we told the girls we would be buying them each just 3 presents. We told them that is how many gifts the Savior received and so that was how many they were going to receive. They were completely fine with that and it made Christmas shopping so much less stressful as well as FUN.



Megan and her American Girl doll

Mackenzie with Kanani...her new AG doll

Alexis got just what she wanted

Megan with her new horse and stable

Alexis and her new ipod


I'm not so sure how we didn't get more pictures of Alana and some with Eric and I. And I am completely unsure how we didn't capture any pictures of everyone all dressed up in their Christmas dresses.

Christmas was wonderful. The girls had a great day. I loved that we were able to go church and really remember what Christmas is all about. I did miss my extended family and even had a little mini breakdown. Looking back I just had all these expectations of how we would have a perfectly clean home and this Martha Stewart Christmas dinner and when it didn't go exactly how I had it in my mind I fell apart. I learned a lot though. I learned it doesn't have to be perfect. Thanks to a wonderful, loving and supportive Husband all that really matters is the feeling and memories we provide for our kids. They don't care about a perfectly set table with an ironed table cloth or whether or not everything comes out of the oven at the same time. They just wanted to have something to eat (I think they would have been even happier with chicken nuggets) and play with their new toys. So next year I will simplify more, have less expectations and try remember that as long as we are together everything else isn't important!!! Maybe we will even have chicken nuggets!

Merry Christmas to my little ones and to my wonderful husband, Eric!

No comments:

Post a Comment