We made it to Tampa...best flights ever and I forgot how easy it is to travel without kids!
I loved Tampa! We ate at this Italian restaurant which was awesome and then we took a stroll along the river. I found a yacht that I wanted and put it on my wish list!
Here is our home away from home for the next 5 days--The Jewel of the Seas
Yep, that's a balcony out those doors...I loved every second that we spent out there. I especially loved sleeping with the doors open and hearing the ocean all night!
I love this guy! I loved being able to spend 24/7 with him for 7 days. It was so wonderful being together and the best part was I still really liked him when the trip was over!!! I am definitely looking forward to retirement someday!
There is nothing like the open waters of the ocean. It is one of the most calming places in the world to me. I could sit and look at it all day long!
Celebrating the ships birthday...Happy Birthday Jewel of the Seas
Playing trivia...we never won but non the less it was fun! Thanks Jessica, Chauncey, Lyle and Paige--maybe next time!
Look closely and you will see a little dolphin. I loved that they like to race the ship!
We relaxed A LOT and it was wonderful...
I loved formal night on the ship, it felt like we were going to prom. It was so fun!
First stop: The Cayman Islands
After we got off the ship we headed to a smaller boat that took us to Stingray City. It was this barge 10-15 miles off shore and then out of no where there is a huge sand bar. When I looked down there were stingrays EVERYWHERE! When we got out of the boat and into the 5-7 foot deep water,we were literally swimming with tons of rays. It was such an incredible experience!
Here are just a few...
This is the mansion I picked out to buy when we retire!!
Then it was on to swimming with the dolphins. It was one of the coolest experiences in my life. It was there, as I was waiting for the dolphin to push me on the kick board that I had an eye opening moment. It was the same day a year ago that my Dad passed away. I struggled all last year as to why he had to die now, as well as the pain of having him gone. It was harder than I thought, losing him, but as I waited in the water on the other side of the world, I had this overwhelming feeling of how life is truly to be enjoyed. I know he wants me to enjoy life and have fun. I still miss him but I know it's okay to move on, enjoy life and have fun. So from this day on, instead of being sad, I will cherish May 8th and always have something fun planned to celebrate life and to remember him!
Then it was onto swimming in the ocean--it just so happened that 2 barracudas were swimming right beside us. Crazy!
I loved the care and attention of everyone on the cruise! I loved coming in to our room at night and having our towels shaped into cute little animals! So fun!
Stop# 2- Cozumel
ATV in the jungle to the Mayan ruins is what we chose...with Jessica and Chauncey!
We saw the smallest and cutest nest I have ever seen--a humming bird. I loved it!
Well these are them...the Mayan ruins. We thought we were going to some burial grounds because that is what the pamphlet said. But this is it folks....replicas! It was like 90* and 80* humidity. We were sweating bullets, oh but we made it! Did I mention that I chose this excursion!!! Luckily I am married to this incredible man that never complains, and never even mentioned how we could have been snorkeling in some of the best snorkeling reefs in the world!
This tree was in the middle of our jungle excursion. Look at those thorns.... All I could think about when I saw them was the crown of thorns that was placed on our Saviors head before he was crucified. I can't imagine the pain that He endured to atone for our sins and then what He endured prior to being placed on the cross. What love He had for us and how thankful I am for His willingness to endure all of that, so we could someday return again and live with our Father in Heaven.
Amazing....I thought the Stingrays were incredible.
7 Years of Good Luck for kissing a stingray!!!
This trip was amazing! It's hard to tell but there were 16 others in our group which also made it very fun. We could hang out as little or as much as we wanted to! We had a fabulous week and it was great to be with Eric! How thankful I am for a wonderful husband and great marriage. I look forward to 7 years of good luck and to next year...Paris here we come!
And now, to get home to my little ones. I missed them so much...and thanks a million Shellee for holding down the fort!
No comments:
Post a Comment